5 Best Cooling Pillows To Reduce Night Sweats
For a lot of people, heat can ruin a perfect sleep, and there is nothing worse than trying to sleep when you have a lot of heat. Whether it is because of the hot weather, a medical condition, or menopause, dealing with night sweats and overheating can be a struggle.
Everyone needs to have a healthy nighttime sleeping routine because it's part of healthy living. It would be best if you found ways to cool your body down. There are several cooling options, but this has to do with the materials and fibres used in your sleeping products.
Cooling pillows are one of the most effective ways to prevent your body from overheating. An excellent cooling pillow should not only cool your body but should also be comfortable to sleep on.
Cooling pillows come in a variety of materials, covers, and designs, which makes it challenging to find the best one for you. However, this shouldn't worry you because we will help you make a decision on what cooling pillow to buy.
In this post, you will find a review of the five best cooling pillows in the market today as well as things to consider before buying a cooling pillow.
5 Best Cooling Pillows
- 1 5 Best Cooling Pillows
- 2 1. 2-Pack Cooling Bed Pillow-Best Overall
- 3 2. Coop Home Goods - Eden Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- 4 3. Sleep Restoration Comfortable Luxury Pillows
- 5 4. SUMITU Bed Pillows for Sleeping 2 Pack Queen Size 20 x 30 Inches
- 6 5. Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow
- 7 Things to Consider Before Buying a Cooling Pillow
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) on Cooling Pillows
1. 2-Pack Cooling Bed Pillow-Best Overall
- [Full Support for Head and Neck] - Based on ergonomic design, this bed pillow provides the firm...
- [ADJUST THE PILLOW to FIT YOU] - Unlike traditional support pillows, Qutool sleeping pillow features...
- [BEST COOLING GEL PILLOW] - Qutool bed pillow uses premium shredded foam allows the pillow to let...
- [LUXURIOUS BAMBOO COVER] - The skin-friendly soft cover is made of 60% polyester 40% bamboo fiber...
- [NEVER FLAT & 5 YEARS WARRANTY] - It is thick and firm, and won’t flatten as you shift throughout...
The 2-Pack Cooling Bed Pillows for Sleeping comes in two queen size pillows, with each having shredded memory foam fills and measuring 28 by 18 inches. It is a standard size pillow, so you can be assured that it will fit your needs perfectly.
Unlike most pillows with synthetic fills, this pillow won't go flat. Therefore they offer you a lot of years of head and neck support. The foam in the pillow will also fit the shape of your head without feeling too firm. It is also infused with gel that aids in keeping you cool throughout the night.
These pillows come with bamboo covers that are easily washable and an excellent choice for people with asthma. The covers are also highly breathable. It is recommended for side and back sleepers.
If you're a looking for a cooling pillow that will give you the comfort and support you're craving, then you should definitely consider this 2-Pack Cooling Bed Pillows for Sleeping.
2. Coop Home Goods - Eden Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
If you're looking for a cooling pillow that has an adjustable loft, then you should consider getting the Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow. The Coop Home Goods pillow allows you to add and remove the fill to suit your sleeping position and preferences.
This pillow is a gel memory foam pillow with a microfiber blend to ensure you experience the maximum comfort and support for your neck and head. It also comes with additional fills to enable you to add for a higher loft, if necessary.
The pillow's bamboo cover is soft and breathable. It also ensures airflow, no matter how many positions you change to at night. The pillow is hypoallergenic and dust resistant with foam that is freshly manufactured.
3. Sleep Restoration Comfortable Luxury Pillows
- Superior: Our bed pillows for sleeping are encased in a 250-thread count, 100% cotton cover, and...
- Allergy Friendly - Our bed pillows are made with great care and are allergy-friendly. Free of any...
- Easy Clean: Unlike shredded memory foam pillows that are easily deformed and tricky to clean, our...
- Helpful Headrest: Whether you sleep on your side, stomach or back - our soft yet firm pillows for...
- Keep Cool: If you easily overheat, or maybe you're looking for cool pillows for night sweats, our...
The Sleep Restoration Comfortable Luxury pillows have a micro-denier poly fibre gel filling make the pillow very strong and ensure the shape is maintained even under compression. This enables it to have an excellent airflow throughout the night.
The gel-infused memory foam filing draws heat away from the body, enabling you to stay cool throughout the night. It has a 100% cotton pillow cover that is highly breathable and allows excellent airflow, and keeps you cool all night.
It is one of the classic brands of pillows that thrives under any temperature condition you throw at it, which some cooling pillows don't. It gives a softer feel and does compress without compromising the firmness, therefore offering generous support.
This is an excellent choice for back and stomach sleepers, whether they are hot sleepers or not. However, the plush sleep surface makes a perfect choice for hot sleepers.
4. SUMITU Bed Pillows for Sleeping 2 Pack Queen Size 20 x 30 Inches
- NEVER GOES FLAT: No-shift construction and Germany imported fiber filling offer great support for...
- GET A GOOD NIGHT: SUMITU gel pillows are made from allergy proof fabric and stuffed with...
- MACHINE WASHABLE & NO AGGLOMERATION: Our bed pillows are machine washable at 30°C, fade resistant...
- BREATHABLE COTTON: The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton fabric material to stay soft, breathable,...
- BE ASSURED TO BUY: These vacuum packed queen pillows measure 20 x 30 inches, allow at least 24 hours...
Sumitu Bed Pillows Queen Size is a two-pack memory foam pillows with each pillow having a size of 20 by 30 inches to ensure your needs are met. It uses a cooling gel filling; imported German poly gel fills offer excellent support to the neck and head all night long.
It is hypoallergenic, which means it can protect you from harmful substances such as pollen, dust, or other allergens, that negatively influence your sleep, especially if you have asthma or any other allergies.
The 100% cotton covers are breathable, which enhances the cooling effects of the pillows. These pillows are best for all sleepers, including side, back and stomach sleepers, especially for people who sleep hot.
A great advantage of this pillow is that it is both fade and stain-resistant. Furthermore, this pillow can is machine washable at a cold setting and washing it regularly can keep it fresh and effective.
5. Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow
- COOLING MEMORY FOAM PILLOW—Our exclusive gel layer on both sides of the pillow keeps you...
- PERFECTED FOR YOU—Signature pressure-relieving TEMPUR-Pedic pillow material adapts to your...
- IDEAL FOR ALL SLEEP POSITIONS—The medium feel provides a restful night’s sleep for back, side,...
- WASHABLE & REMOVABLE COVER—Premium quilted cover is soft and breathable, and removes easily for...
- DURABLE & RELIABLE—Adaptive TEMPUR material never loses its shape, offering superior support...
The Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow uses a memory foam with cool gel pads on both sides of the pillow to draw heat away from the body. It offers standout pressure relief for any sleep position.
Despite its high price, this pillow has an exceptional quality with a gel layer that keep you cool all night. The conducting material, cooling gel, draws heat from the body and blows it away. It consists of a 100% cotton cover that is highly breathable and moisture-wicking.
This cover wicks the moisture away and allows airflow on all sides of the pillow. The pillow is cool to the touch, which helps sleepers fall asleep comfortably. It has a medium firmness that offers excellent support to the head, neck and shoulders.
The Tempur-Pedic Tempur-CLOUD Dual Breeze Pillow has an adaptive TEMPUR material that won't lose its shape. However, the memory foam pillow may have an initial odour but could quickly go away in a well-ventilated room.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Cooling Pillow
1. Cooling Technology
This determines how well a cooling pillow will be able to dissipate heat, regulate the temperature and ensure you're are not overheating all through the night. Most of these pillows have been made using passive cooling materials like gel, copper, etc., that pull heat away from the body. Others made from moisture-wicking cover materials like cotton, wool, or bamboo help in ensuring there is airflow, therefore, preventing sweating or heat retention.
It is crucial to find cooling pillows made from materials that can actually regulate the temperature keeping your body at a more stable temperature while you sleep. It is important to note that although some fabrics may have a cooling effect, they may not be able to last throughout the night.
2. Sleeping Position
Different cooling pillows are designed for different types of sleepers from stomach sleepers to back and side sleepers. For example, according to bedding experts, side sleepers require a pillow that fills the space between the shoulders and the neck. This means that they should get a pillow with a higher loft to reduce pressure as well as keep the spine aligned.
For stomach sleepers, thinner pillows are better because they ensure their neck and head are comfortable. Back sleepers require a pillow that maintains their posture, meaning they retain their head level and ensure they are not tilted either way. The position you sleep in will help determine the best firmness and loft you should find in a pillow.
Some cooling pillows are machine or hand washable, while others have a washable cover. The ones that are machine washable tend to be easier to clean and therefore are highly recommended. It is important to invest in a good pillow that you will be able to clean easily especially if you sweat a lot at night.
4. Firmness Level
The firmness of a cooling pillow is another crucial factor that shouldn't be ignored. Cooling pillows have a firmness level ranging from soft to firm. Different materials have different firmness;
- Soft- Wool and shredded memory foam
- Medium- Solid foam and latex
- Firm- Buckwheat and some foam options.
The two main factors that determine which firmness level is right for you are the sleeping position and personal preferences.
The height of the pillow is what is referred to as loft. The loft of cooling pillows ranges from medium to high, with some having an adjustable loft, which means you can easily add or remove the fillings to change the height.
Materials like wool and shredded foam would generally have a high loft, however, they easily compress. A low loft is recommended for stomach sleepers, a medium loft for back sleepers, and a higher loft for side sleepers.
A cooling pillow will use the cover and fill materials to dissipate heat and regulate the temperature. Here are some of the fill materials;
- Memory Foam-Cooling pillows have an open cell memory, while others have shredded memory foam to allow air circulation. Some are infused with copper or gel to pull heat away from the body.
- Latex- It is more breathable and allows pressure relief.
- Wool-Wool is a great material that retains heat in cold climates and pulls away heat and moisture in warmer climates.
- Copper or Gel-These are highly conductive materials that pull heat away from the body and ensure the heat doesn't build up on the pillow.
- Buckwheat-They prevents heat retention by creating air pockets in the pillow.
- Polyester or synthetic fibers-These are less likely to retain heat and are also more affordable.
Some common cover materials used in cooling materials include;
- Cotton-They are soft, breathable, easy to clean and allow airflow.
- Bamboo-These are moisture-wicking, breathable, lightweight, and increases airflow. They are more absorbent than cotton, making them great for hot sleepers.
- Phase change material-A phase change material draws heat away from the body and change from liquid to solid to regulate the temperature.
Having a budget is really important because cooling pillows come at different prices. The main reason why the prices differ is because of the materials. A high-quality pillow should neither be too expensive or too cheap but should be affordable and also offer a good value for money. Most pillows range from $30 to $150 or sometimes more.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) on Cooling Pillows
1. What is the best pillow that stays cool?
The 2-Pack Cooling Bed Pillows for Sleeping is the best overall cooling option that improves your sleeping experience. It is a gel-infused memory foam pillow that draws your body heat away and offers excellent support to the neck and shoulders, ensuring you have a good night's sleep.
2. Do cooling pillows really work?
Yes. However, it depends on the cooling pillow you have. For example, a cooling pillow made from natural materials, such as bamboo and cotton, helps in regulating the temperature because of the breathability of these materials. The fill of the pillow will also determine the warming or cooling effect.
The most used cooling component in these pillows is the gel because it absorbs heat from your body through conduction and traps it away. It is also important to note that the extent of cooling from cooling pillows is dependent on the surrounding temperature.
3. Do cooling pillows lose their cool?
With time, some cooling pillows lose their cooling ability, but for most pillows, they can last for a long time. The durability of the pillows is highly dependent on the cooling properties used and how well you take care of it.