YnM Weighted Blanket Reviews to Help You Make a Purchase
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers a natural way to help calm your body for a restful night of...
- YnM owns a unique 7-layer weighted blanket. Our 7-layer system is designed to contour to the shape...
- HIGHEST INDUSTRY STANDARD: 4.7”x4.7” smaller compartments for more evenly distribution + The...
- To choose a size for 1 adult, take 10% of your body weight, then add 1 lb; For sharing, please...
- Breathable cotton/linen duvet cover, cooling bamboo duvet cover or cozy minky duvet cover are...
We can all agree on one thing: you will always need to do something new to improve your sleep. It could be a new pillow, mattress, or, in your case, a weighted blanket. According to many YnM weighted blanket reviews, it triggers more serotonin release for a better night's sleep.
Weighted blankets have, for several years now, been revolutionizing the bedding world. They weigh more than your average blanket or duvet so that they can offer a kind of therapy known as Deep Touch Stimulation.
DPS, as the therapy is also called, focuses on putting pressure on specific areas of the nervous system to offer the needed relaxation. If you struggle to fall asleep or stay asleep, it could be worth getting a weighted blanket.
Read on as we review the best features of the YnM weighted blanket to understand why it could be your best solution.
The construction of this blanket includes seven layers of fiberfill, glass beads, and cotton fabric. The outer shell of the blanket is made with 100% cotton fabric which absorbs sweat, a great feature for most hot sleepers. Beneath the fabric lies a thin layer of fiberfill that gives the YnM blanket shape while also reducing the feel of the glass beads.
Beneath the fiberfill is the core of the blanket filled with glass beads; they are hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and odorless. The glass beads are kept in place in small compartments with sturdy sewing. The square compartments ensure the weight is evenly distributed over the blanket. As a result, you will not see corners sagging when you wash the blankets.
Here is the importance of these three materials used for the YnM weighted blanket;
- The glass beads pose no risk to your health and make the blanket heavy.
- The fiberfill layer helps reduce the feel of the glass beads so it can contour to your body.
- The cotton fabric comes with enough ventilation to let in air and also offers moisture-wicking features. It is an organic material, this hypoallergenic and soft-to-the-touch.
The Feel of the YnM Blanket Against your Body
With an Oeko-Tex certified cotton shell, this blanket feels soft and comfortable over your body. However, the best feel greatly relies on you getting a blanket that compliments your body weight.
According to YnM, your ideal blanket weighs 10% of your body weight. For instance, if you are an adult who weighs 160 pounds, your ideal YnM weighted blanket should weigh 17 pounds.
With the correct weight, you will feel the right pressure from the glass beads, but not so much that you feel their shapes. Additionally, the beads are housed in individually sewn pockets evenly distributed all over the blanket for the right amount of pressure therapy for all types of sleepers; side sleepers, stomach sleepers, and back sleepers.
One vital feature to enjoy from this blanket is temperature regulation. This YnM cooling weighted blanket does not cause heat build-up thanks to the premium quality materials like glass beads and cotton. For any cooling weighted blanket, you need to get one with glass beads as they do not trap heat.
Sizes, Weights, and Colors
This weighted cotton blanket comes in various sizes for both adults and children. However, it is best to understand that these YnM weighted blankets are smaller than your regular blankets. The smaller sizes allow them to concentrate the extra weight on various pressure points on your body.
The following are the different sizes you can choose from;
- 36"x 48" and 41" x 60" for children and twin beds. These weigh 5lbs to 10 lbs.
- 48" x 72" for full beds with weights between 12 to 20 pounds.
- 60" x 80" for a queen size bed weighing 15 to 25 pounds.
- 80" x 87" for a king-size bed weighing 15 to 30 pounds. It is the only option from these YnM blankets designed for sharing.
They also come in 39 different colors. The blanket reviewed in this article comes in dark grey color and can also come in light grey or other shades of grey.
Durability and Maintenance
While the YnM blanket is made with durable materials, it would be best to use it with a duvet cover to prevent the blanket from dirt. You can easily wash your duvet covers in the washing machine.
However, when it is time to wash the blanket, YnM advises you to hand wash it, or machine wash it under low heat. It is also best to hang it to dry. Many washes can damage the heavy blanket and get the glass beads leaking, hence why a duvet cover is essential.
Benefits of Using the YnM Weighted Blankets
Using this YnM weighted blanket comes with the following benefits according to positive reviews from users who own it already.
- It is a breathable, cooling blanket. You may think you need to avoid a weighted blanket as a hot sleeper. However, this pure cotton YnM blanket lets you sleep under the perfect temperature for less sweating, tossing, and turning. Note, you can also get a linen or bamboo viscose version of the same blanket.
- It improves your sleep. According to numerous reviews online, you will not only fall asleep faster if you have trouble sleeping; you will also enjoy sound sleep for extended periods. If you struggle with insomnia, anxiety, restless leg syndrome, or other sleeping problems, the blanket offers a natural way for easier sleep.
- It comes with high-quality fill. Unlike other weighted blankets that come with metallic or plastic beads, this one comes with glass beads that enhance a cooler temperature. They are also evenly distributed and noise-less when you toss in your sleep.
- It comes with a three-year warranty.
YnM offers this blanket at an affordable price with options for all users. As a weighted blanket, it grounds the human body to reduce stress, anxiety, and pain to boost serotonin levels for better relaxation and sleep.
However, it is important to understand it may not be an instant fix for your sleep problems, especially if it is your first weighted blanket. You can give yourself a few days to get used to the extra weight. Also, invest in a YnM duvet cover of the same size to protect the blanket from dirt.