The Best Pillows For Neck Support to Buy In 2021
According to experts, you need a new pillow every 1 to 2 years. It is one of the most used bedroom items, making it an easy target for wear and tear.
If you are still unsure if you need a new pillow, you can perform an easy test; fold your current pillow by half, and if it stays folded, you know it is past its usefulness. Sleeping on a worn pillow has so many disadvantages, including;
- Neck pain
- Lack of enough sleep
- Back pain
- Dust mites and other allergens
When buying a new pillow, pay attention to your sleeping habits, as well as your daytime activities. Maybe you are a side sleeper, or a back sleeper, or a stomach sleeper. However you prefer to sleep, there is the right pillow specifically designed to provide maximum comfort and support.
This article will discuss factors that should influence your decision to buy a new pillow, as well as the best pillows for neck support in the market today. Read on to learn the best five and their pros and cons.
Best Pillows For Neck Support
- 1 Best Pillows For Neck Support
- 1.1 1. Best Pillow For Neck Support: Coop Home Goods - Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow
- 1.2 2. EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow
- 1.3 Best Ergonomic Pillow
- 1.4 3. Mediflow Fiber
- 1.5 Best Water Pillow:The First & Original Water Pillow
- 1.6 4. Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow (2-Pack)
- 1.7 Best Gel-Filled Pillow
- 1.8 5. WENERSI Premium Goose Down and Goose Feather Pillow
- 1.9 Best Soft Pillow for Neck Pain
- 2 Factors to Consider When Buying Your New Pillows For Neck Support
- 3 Pillow Sizes to Support All Your Neck Muscles
1. Best Pillow For Neck Support: Coop Home Goods - Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow
It is a hypoallergenic pillow made with fresh shredded memory foam. It is your ideal undisturbed sleep companion that will help you eradicate neck pain and discomfort.
This premium pillow also comes with an extra bag of memory foam to encourage you to adjust your ideal loft. Additionally, you can use this pillow in any sleeping position you prefer, even as a snorer.
This Coop Home Goods pillow is made with CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified memory foam to guarantee you quality and reliability. It is certified as cruelty-free ad vegan, so you know they didn't harm or use animals at any manufacturing stage.
One of the essential things you look out for when buying a pillow is the cover. You are after maximum comfort, and the last thing you want is a cover that won't absorb your sweat or that won't feel soft as you lie on it. This pillow's cover is made with 40% Rayon, a material derived from raw bamboo, and 60% polyester.
If you have been struggling with neck pain, you need this pillow to offer you sleeping relief.
Ideal for any sleeping position, this cervical pillow is contoured to form an ergonomic shape to support your shoulders, neck, and head. It also comes with a removable piece of memory foam to let you adjust your loft; the feature is perfect for stomach sleepers who need a low loft for easier breathing and better spine alignment.
This pillow is filled with breathable memory foam that enhances air circulation, so your nights stay cool and dry. On the other hand, the pillowcase is made with a chemical-free 40% rayon and 60% polyester combination for a soft and silky feel and keeps allergens like dust mites away.
The pillowcase is ideal for machine-washing at a low setting to keep the shape unaltered.
2. EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow
Best Ergonomic Pillow
3. Mediflow Fiber
Best Water Pillow:The First & Original Water Pillow
If you want a type of pillow that will last you long, you will need to consider a clinically-proven water pillow from Mediflow.
For excellent and productive days, you need to make sure you sleep enough, and for this, you need the right pillow. This pillow's water base technology will give you maximum neck support to improve your sleep quality and prevent or reduce any neck pain.
If you wonder why a water pillow is right, it obediently conforms to the shape of your neck and head for superior comfort. When you move and turn, you don't need to keep readjusting your pillow since the water will move with you.
The pillow features a water bag that you can use to adjust the loft by adding or removing water. This water bag is enclosed in a hypoallergenic combed fiber cover that is super soft for comfortable sleep.
The pillow is approved as a medical device by the FDA.
You need this pillow if you are after luxury comfort. It is infused with gel to conform to any sleeping position.
When you sleep on this pillow, stress and neck and shoulder pain will be a thing of the past, and so will your sleep remain undisturbed throughout the night.
If you also have asthma or other respiratory issues or are prone to allergies, these pillows are ideal for you as they contain no chemicals or allergens. The pillows are also ideal for any seasons, including hot, sweaty summers, where your pillow can become your worst enemy. They feature superior cooling technology, and the covers are 100% cotton to enable air circulation.
The Beckham Hotel pillows are durable owing to the high-quality materials they are made with. They are also OEKO-Tex Standard 100 certified for excellent quality since 2019.
For best care, fluff these pillows vigorously after unpackaging and let them rest for a day before using. The pillow covers are stain and fade-resistant, and you can wash them in your machine with cold water. Make sure you lay them on a flat, airy area for efficient drying.
4. Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow (2-Pack)
Best Gel-Filled Pillow
5. WENERSI Premium Goose Down and Goose Feather Pillow
Best Soft Pillow for Neck Pain
If you have struggled with neck pain and inadequate back support, you may notice none of the famous pillow materials such as memory foam, gel, or even latex will work for you. If that is the case, it could be time to turn to organic pillows, and you can trust this one from Wernersi. It is made with superior materials to guarantee you the kind of softness you need to relieve neck injuries and improve your sleep quality.
For starters, it is filled with a well-vacuumed combination of goose feathers and goose down to give you a plush firmness. The fill material is carefully harvested in Europe, and each pillow handmade to guarantee only the soft feathers go in.
The pillowcase, which is machine-friendly, is made with 100% Egyptian cotton to guarantee you top quality and softness ideal for all nights.
To start using this pillow, it is best that you give it at least 24 hours after packaging so it can assume its fluffiness. You might notice it will be flat in the package, but this is because it is vacuum packed.
Factors to Consider When Buying Your New Pillows For Neck Support
If you've been struggling to find a comfortable sleeping position and find yourself folding your pillow one way or the other to get enough support, it is time you thought of replacing it.
Your pillow dictates how good your sleep is because it influences your posture. Your ideal sleeping posture is when your neck stays aligned to your spine. Ideally, your whole body should align correctly to your spine from your feet to the neck. If you tend to twist, crunch, or crane in bed, your body alignment is improper.
The first way to seek alignment is to find a pillow that supports your neck and shoulders without affecting your posture. Here are the crucial factors to consider when looking for a pillow to support the neck.
1. Age of your Old Pillow
Generally, it would be best if you replaced your pillow every 18 months as it will have started losing its level of support.
However, it is okay to replace your pillow well before the 18 months if your fall victim to chronic neck pain you can attribute to its usage.
2. Your Sleeping Position
There are three types of sleepers. You are either a;
- Stomach sleeper. As a stomach sleeper, you need a pillow that has a low loft to keep your neck and head aligned to the spine. A low loft is also ideal for easier breathing.
- Side sleeper. If you are in this category, you need to get a side sleeper pillow designed with special contouring features of support. To prevent neck pain, it is best that side sleepers, when looking for pillow options, to get the right size. Ideally, the loft of your pillow should equal the distance between your ears and shoulders.
- Back sleeper. Back sleepers prefer sleeping on their backs. If you are in this group, you would benefit the most by buying an adjustable pillow to find your ideal loft. Additionally, you can get a smaller pillow to support your neck while your main pillow supports your head.
3. Pillow Filling
The best pillows for neck support are made with premium materials that provide superior comfort and prevent sleeping injuries. These are some of the main materials you can consider for your next pillow;
- Memory foam. They are the most widely available pillows for neck support. They are used to make pillows in solid form or shredded memory form. They are ideal pillows for neck pain and support because they mold in response to your neck and head, thus forming a cradle for adequate support.
- Feathers. Feather pillows are some of the softest pillows available in the market. They offer excellent support and conforming, which helps relieve neck pain. They are also entirely adjustable, which makes them ideal for all types of sleepers.
- Down. It is one of the best materials for making soft pillows. Down is extracted from the inner feathers of geese and ducks. Neck pillows made with down will be lightweight and very adjustable. Because down is not easy to extract, pillows made with it tend to be a bit costly. Also, since it is made from animal feathers, the pillows can easily cause harm to allergy-prone people.
Pillow Sizes to Support All Your Neck Muscles
When buying your support pillow, it is vital to know which size will support your head and sleeping style. While age is the most common pillow size decider, it is essential to note the following sizes before purchasing.
- Standard size. This pillow size is ideal for people of all ages, including children. It measures 20 inches wide and 26 inches long, and one standard pillow is ideal for a twin size bed.
- Queen size. Queen-size pillows are ideal for bigger beads, and they measure 20 by 30 inches.
- King size. They are among the largest rectangular pillows and measure 20 inches wide and 36 inches long.
- Travel pillows. The pillows measure 12 by 16 inches and are ideal for when you are traveling.